Sun + Summer = Skin Damage
July 26, 2016 | Posted by Bill O'Brien
Summer time is upon us and it has been a record setting year for heat across the United States which means: Sun + Summer = Skin Damage. During this time of year, it easy for us to get caught up in the seasonal summer fun. The kids are out of school, friends are having parties and BBQ’s and we indulge in all of the summer activities; form swimming to going to the beach to traveling. It’s a busy time for everyone and it is easy to fall out of routine and not take care of our skin as well as we should.
While it is easy to fall out of routine there are some things that we can focus on doing to keeping and maintaining healthy and youthful looking skin.
Below are a few things that we can do this summer to help keep our skin a bit nicer and try to keep the damage to it at a minimum:
- Drink plenty of water – Keeping your self-hydrated will keep your skin hydrated and plump. Looking for ideas to get more fluids in? Try these foods, watermelon, leafy greens and berries.
- Wear Sunblock and Lip Balms -Apply sunscreen to all exposed areas of skin about 30 minutes before you go outside. Look for a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30. Re-apply as needed throughout the day based on activity level, usually re-apply every 2 hours or so.
- Wear appropriate clothing – The use of wide brimmed hats, sunglasses and clothes that cover your skin are encouraged
- Plan Your Activities Accordingly – Try to do your activities when it is earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon when it is not during the heat of the day and the sun is not beating down on you so brutally. The Centers for disease control suggests you do activities before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- Know the difference between UVA and UVB Rays – UVA rays penetrate deep into the dermis, the skin’s thickest layer. Unprotected exposure can lead to premature skin aging and suppression of the immune system. And when your skin’s defenses are down, you’re at risk for skin cancer. UVB rays will usually burn the superficial layers of your skin.
Please keep up with your skincare routine it is so important. WE recommend that you continue to use your J Bio Micro-Refining Facial serum twice daily and if you get a sunburn, we encourage you to try it out on those affected areas. Have not tried it yet or need another bottle? Order today and use the code: SUMMER for a special discount.
Thank you and remember we love and care about you.